Author Topic: parental controls problem: no iptables_nat module  (Read 1610 times)

RayPlante

• View Profile
parental controls problem: no iptables_nat module
« on: March 20, 2013, 01:05:53 AM »
I just installed ubermix 1.07 and I'm trying to get the parental controls add-on working via the deb file available from the download files page, parental_controls_1.01.deb.  Installing this attempts to bring up the ubermix_firewall service; however, it fails with the error message:

iptables v1.4.12: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)

This apparently originates from a line /etc/init.d/ubermix_firewall:

Code: [Select]
iptables -t nat -F
And error message can occur if the iptable_nat kernel module cannot be loaded.  Looking under /lib/modules/3.7.9-36-generic, it does not appear that the iptable_nat module is provided.  (There are other iptable_* modules there, though, e.g. iptable_mangle.) 

So my first question would be, has anyone successfully installed the parental_controls_1.01.deb package successfully with ubermix 1.07?  If so, were any special fixes required (e.g. updated kernel)?  Otherwise, any suggestions?

Assuming I haven't done anything peculiar, it would appear that either the parental_controls needs updating to work with the latest kernel or a different kernel build is needed.

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: parental controls problem: no iptables_nat module
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 11:30:20 AM »
Oops. Looks like that got missed in the latest kernel. Will have a look at getting that back in and post when it's available.

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: parental controls problem: no iptables_nat module
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 10:56:20 AM »
OK, I the kernel update is now in version 1.071, which you can download from http://ubermix.org/files.html. Sorry for the delay.