Author Topic: clonzilla not taking my ubermix netbook as an image  (Read 2190 times)

bbebeka

• View Profile
clonzilla not taking my ubermix netbook as an image
« on: July 22, 2012, 04:08:53 AM »
Hello i have 400 student laptops that i have to clone and make ready but could not take my ubermix netbook image with clonzilla . clonzilla fails on sda2. i thought it could be my ubermix image and tried a default ubermix install and it also fails on sda2. help please.

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: clonzilla not taking my ubermix netbook as an image
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 10:01:04 AM »
I haven't used clonezilla in quite a while but will look at it when I get a chance. Why not just customize a bunch of usb keys? It's significantly faster - could knock out all 400 machines in a few hours. You would just need to make one master key and copy according to the instructions here: http://wiki.ubermix.org/page/Making_copies_of_the_USB_key

Cytochromec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 08:00:38 AM »
I haven't used Clonzilla, but I will say that with 30 USB keys we imaged 200 netbooks in a few hours so it can go really fast. In fact the slow step was recording the serial numbers on the new machines.

bbebeka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 01:23:36 AM »
Found a way to use clonzilla. rather than uploading the image through ssh to the clonzilla server i used drbl push to get the image from the laptops with the option of the server doing "auto clean check and repair".
thnks for all ur help so much