Author Topic: Getting Error on install  (Read 2198 times)

jparker

• View Profile
Getting Error on install
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:18:48 AM »
I get the following error on install during applying simple updates.

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
/bin/tar: child returned status 1
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exit now

It is then repeated.

Ubermix will then run ok except sometimes I have to put in the password the first time. It does not load any of my customization. I have not installed any programs just changed a few things like favorites and home pages.

I have tried four different computers (HP 1103, Acer Aspire One, two Dell Desktop models) all give the same message.

I have two different thumb drives and they both are giving this message. I have downloaded the software again and I still receive the message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cytochromec

• View Profile
Re: Getting Error on install
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 09:32:59 AM »
This error has occurred for me when the user changes customizations files didn't finish compacting because I pulled the key out too soon. Also the thumb drive could beout of space for the user changes files (if you added a lot of apps). Try doing the customizations and create the simple update files and then reboot the computer by pressing enter twice in the thumb drive menu and leave the drive in the whole reboot cycle.

You can check the size of the two user changes files user.tar.gz and mods.tar.gz just to see if they are the same size on both keys.