Author Topic: Problems with Ubermix Install  (Read 2463 times)

Mo

• View Profile
Problems with Ubermix Install
« on: March 24, 2015, 09:16:05 PM »
I am trying to install Ubermix on a homebuilt desktop PC.  I have saved the image to a bootable USB SD card and it will boot the box.  But I then only get one option "Install/Configure Ubermix".  When I select that option I get an error message "Waiting for disks to settle..." followed by a reboot, to the same prompt, with the same result.

I have seen a suggestion to set the nomodeset option - but on reflection, that doesn't seem to address my issue.

Mo

• View Profile
Re: Problems with Ubermix Install
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 03:12:06 PM »
Here's an update.  I have finally managed to see the purple screen with the keyboard icon at the bottom and then I even see the full menu with all five choices...

However, my system then reboots before I can enter a choice, and so it loops, endlessly, as long as I have patience to press keys!

I would be most grateful if anyone had any ideas about how to stop the autoreboot.  By the way, I'm still getting the "Waiting for disks to settle..." error message.  I've tried it with just a SATA hard drive, just a SATA SSD, and with both and a SATA DVD drive.  I got this far by specifying a boot from legacy USB key.  I haven't found a way to get my bios to access the HD and SSD by legacy instead of UEFI.  Maybe that's the problem.

Juan Pucheu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 06:17:42 AM »
what's your ubermix image version is ?

ubermonki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 08:52:18 AM »
I am trying to install Ubermix on a homebuilt desktop PC.  I have saved the image to a bootable USB SD card and it will boot the box.  But I then only get one option "Install/Configure Ubermix".  When I select that option I get an error message "Waiting for disks to settle..." followed by a reboot, to the same prompt, with the same result.

I got the "waiting for disk to settle" thing too, don't think it's an error. I'm a "newbie" myself, so can't be of too much help, but I had a problem similar to yours trying to install mint 17.1. Booted fine on every PC I tried but would fail to install on 2 machines. Tried video, wifi, blah blah.... Turned out it was a bad installation disk. If you haven't already, you might try to download the ubermix image file again, verify that the checksum is correct, and make a new boot usb.