Author Topic: Ubermix 2.1 install from updated key won't automatically log in  (Read 3023 times)

rickhamilton620

• View Profile
Hi everyone,

I've got a customized image of Ubermix 2 going on one of our ThinkPad R61 laptops: It automatically logs on to the desktop upon startup and is set to reset to factory defaults at boot.  After getting everything how I wanted, I created a customized key. I tested it then and IIRC it logged onto the desktop at startup.

Now, I will mention that I had to format my USB key and reflash the Ubermix .iso onto it after I got this initial UberMix laptop going due to some experimentation with FOG. I used the Ubermix 2.1.iso I downloaded at the very beginning, then I updated the image on the key using the laptop with Ubermix already installed.

When I install ubermix onto a second R61 with my updated key, the install goes well but the computer asks for a password at the login screen. I enter the password and restart but it's still asking for it at startup.

Is there any way to have my ubermix 2 installs log in automatically when I image a machine with the updated key? Could flashing the key with the initial Ubermix 2.1 .iso then immediately updating the image using the laptop with Ubermix already installed have caused this?

Eventually I'd want to automate this process via Fog as well, so hopefully that would respect this setting also.

Thanks in advance, It's been smooth sailing so far as we progress toward our pilot of these!  8)

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ubermix 2.1 install from updated key won't automatically log in
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 08:25:11 PM »
Try booting in generic mode once and see if it sticks stops asking for a password. Let me know how it goes.

rickhamilton620

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 10:28:29 AM »
Try booting in generic mode once and see if it sticks stops asking for a password. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks so much! That did the trick! I guess I'll try updating the key now from this laptop and will test on a third machine. I'll keep you posted.

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 10:34:38 AM »
You might need to boot them all once in generic mode, just so that the settings get all settled.