Author Topic: Video issue with Dell Optiplex GX260  (Read 2359 times)

eric.kwong

• View Profile
Video issue with Dell Optiplex GX260
« on: July 28, 2014, 02:37:31 PM »
I'm having a little trouble with Ubermix 1.4.  At first, when I installed Ubermix 1.4, it would try to start up and I would get a flashing mouse cursor.  Then a few minutes later a flashing dash cursor on the top left side of the screen.  It would just hang there until I Ctrl+Alt+Delete and it would restart.  After the restart, it loads into the OS and it would freeze and leave images on the screen when i click on any dropdown menu from the taskbar or app. 

I looked into the forums and saw others were having similar problems and they resolved it by adding the 'nomodeset' command.  I did that and it would load in fine except the resolution is stuck at 640x480. 

It lead me to believe that i was having video drivers issue, so i updated the intel video drivers with:
     $ sudo apt-get update
     $ sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel

now the video works with the correct resolution and all the icons shows up except i'm having the same problem as tlscott99 in Missing Letters using UM 1.082 on Dell Dimension 2400 thread

http://forums.ubermix.org//index.php/topic,148.0.html

When i click on the top menu where i can shut down the system many of the letters are missing and the ones that are being shown is blue.  I then would follow tlscott99's method and restart the lightdm.  "sudo restart lightdm".  The texts show up fine afterwards but after the restart the problem would return.  Anyone have any suggestions or reccomendations?  Thanks

Dell Dimension 2400 with an Intel 82845G integrated graphics

Eric Kwong
Pixley Union School District

eric.kwong

• View Profile
Re: Video issue with Dell Optiplex GX260
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 04:44:57 PM »
ohhh nvm... i think i resolved the issue... i updated the bios in another Dell Optiplex GX270 before i installed Ubermix and now it works great... i'll have to do the same thing on the Dell Optiplex GX260 to be sure...

Eric