Author Topic: Sync User Home problem with Ubermix 2.0.4  (Read 1474 times)

dtran

• View Profile
Sync User Home problem with Ubermix 2.0.4
« on: July 21, 2014, 08:36:59 PM »
After all the Customization, I need to sync the User Home partition, I follow the wiki guide at
http://wiki.ubermix.org/page/Sync_User_Home
After these steps:
3. Select the line in the box that begins with the word "linux" and move the cursor to the end of the line. Backspace over everything after the word "quiet", then add the word "single" (no quotes).
4. Select the line in the box that begins with the word "initrd" and move the cursor to the end of the line. Backspace over the four letters "aufs" and replace them with "generic". Do not add any spaces.
5. Press "ctrl+x" on your keyboard to boot.
The Laptop screen totally black after boot, nothing was displayed, so I can not doing anything except the reboot.
My Laptop is Asus X201E.

dtran

• View Profile
Re: Sync User Home problem with Ubermix 2.0.4
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 06:51:29 AM »
I found a solution via the Download page http://ubermix.org/download.html
Blank black or purple(ish) screen on startup

Some older machines with ATI Radeon video cards have trouble starting up with the video driver in a default state. To work around this problem, do the following:

1. Reboot the computer and press ESC immediately after your computer manufacturer's splash screen disappears (you should see a flashing cursor in the top left corner for a few seconds - press the escape key within 3 seconds to view the menu.)
2. Select "Normal Boot" from the menu (but don't press enter) and press the "e" key on your keyboard
3. Select the line in the box that begins with the word "linux" and move the cursor to the end of the line.
4. Add a space, then the word 'nomodeset'
5. Then press "ctrl+x" on your keyboard to boot
If that works, then follow the instructions here to make that change permanent.

at the line begin with "linux" I remove everything after the word "quiet" then append "single nomodeset".
at the line begin with "initrd" Replace "aufs" => "generic"
Hit F10
The cursor appear after hitting a couple of "Enter" or "Tab" the single root user mode prompt appear! So I can do image_prep.sh

urkomasse

• View Profile
Re: Sync User Home problem with Ubermix 2.0.4
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 06:26:52 AM »
In the past, I was able to get it to work as well by using Ctrl-Alt-F1, Ctrl-Alt-F2... all the way to F7.

This switches the vTerm, the first 6 are text, the 7th is usually the GUI, though of course not in this case.