Author Topic: Installing Ubermix on Acer C720 Chromebook  (Read 1805 times)

kevinmstein

• View Profile
Installing Ubermix on Acer C720 Chromebook
« on: April 01, 2014, 10:48:14 AM »
I'm having some difficulty installing ubermix 1.32 and 1.4 on an Acer C720 Chromebook.  I'm following the instructions on the wiki, but can't seem to get it to boot into ubermix.  I've verified that the install-ubermix.sh scripts correctly partitions the drive, but there is only a maximum of 10GB available according to the script.  After the reboot and Chrome "repairs" itself, I re-run the script and it appears to image correctly, but then the device won't boot.  It comes to the OS Verification screen, beeps twice, then reboots.  It is stuck in that loop.

I've restored it using the Google instructions to get it back to a working Chromebook, then retried the ubermix install which fails exactly the same way (the reboot loop and no booting).

To verify if Ubuntu would run on the device I tried installing it from the instructions found here: http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/764181-how-to-install-linux-on-an-acer-c720-chromebook and it does work, but required the Legacy booting option (at the OS Verification Screen you have to press Ctrl+L).

At this point I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if there are extra steps I am missing for this model.