Author Topic: Google Chrome Icon Drama in Ubermix 1.32  (Read 1819 times)

tbfurman

• View Profile
Google Chrome Icon Drama in Ubermix 1.32
« on: January 09, 2014, 08:57:55 AM »
Hello, all. I've searched the forum but I don't see anyone talking about this---- I've installed 1.32 on three different types of netbooks (Dell 1012, Dell 1018, Asus 1011cx). It runs beautifully, except that today the students told me, and I confirm, that ---inside our GAFE accounts--- neither of these icons works: 

A) the icon to log out of Gmail, or Drive, or any Google app.

B) the icon to select Google Apps.

In other words, our kids can log into their school Gmail accounts just fine, but if they want to then select Drive from inside their email, that icon doesn't work. Also, they can't log out by clicking on the icon where you would normally log out.

In this image, the version of Google Chrome is 29.0.1547.76.

Yes, there is a work-around to the app-selection icon: the kids can right click on it and open it in a new tab, but it adds an extra step (you'll see). There is no work-around to the inability to log out.  They just have to close the window or quit Chrome.

Does anyone else concur that this problem exists in Chrome? Firefox icons seem to work, naturally.

I am having difficulty attaching a screen shot of the icon, for whatever reason, so as an alternative I posted the screen shot at this dreadfully long url:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9PZhd4dtOOeMEVPLWtGRXRwMGc/edit?usp=sharing

Any help greatly appreciated.

Juan Pucheu

• View Profile
Re: Google Chrome Icon Drama in Ubermix 1.32
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 05:01:44 AM »
Sorry, i tried to open the screenshot but the file would not show. ¿Could you repost it?