Author Topic: Blank Ubermix Launcher  (Read 2957 times)

npowell

• View Profile
Blank Ubermix Launcher
« on: October 28, 2013, 10:12:00 AM »
So this is my first go with Ubermix.  I've been tasked by my manager to try this out to see if it would be a good fit for our aging equipment in our school district.  I've successfully imaged a workstation with the Ubermix 1.31 key image, and it seems to boot.  However, once the system is up, all I get is a screen titled, 'Ubermix Launcher' and absolutely nothing in it.  I am able to launch the terminal (Ctrl-Alt-T) and get in to the system setting via the task bar at the top, but there are absolutely no icons or menus of any sort.  I'm lost...  anyone have ideas?

Machine:
HP d530 SFF 2.66GHz P4
512MB RAM
40GB HDD

arule

• View Profile
Re: Blank Ubermix Launcher
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 03:56:10 PM »
I am having this issue as well on a Dell Gx260 1gb RAM and running on internal video card.
It was running an older version of Ubermix just fine and now I am upgrading to 1.31.
I used ctrl-alt-del to logout and switch environments.
All environments worked perfect in high resolutions (I even installed Chrome environment), except for the Ubermix Launcher which comes up with no icons and doesn't refresh/update.
With nomodeset at grub boot Ubermix Launcher works fine (but alas 640X480 is not Smarter Balance compliant).
I would assume this is a XORG issue?
Being an educational "lone ranger", I don't have time to muck around with xorg, xrandr or drivers at the moment.
Any help?

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 09:41:20 PM »
Try opening a terminal and

sudo apt-get purge xserver-xorg-video-modesetting-lts-raring

then reboot and see if it's better.

arule

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 10:41:58 AM »
Loaded into generic mode (to save changes), purged the package and rebooted.
No change.

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 10:07:57 AM »
Just posted ubermix 1.32 with a kernel and xserver update. Might just do the trick.

Ubermixer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 11:38:19 AM »
I am also a newbie to Ubermix. This is my first install. I tried installing ubermix to a Dell Dimension 2400 with 1 GB of memory. It installed okay but also has a blank launcher screen, no apps. I tried reinstalling a couple of times. I redid the image on the thumbdrive and remimaged, but keep getting same results. Anybody, any suggestions on making this install okay on this system?

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 11:22:12 AM »
Try downloading the older ubermix 1.08x on that system. The newer Xorg (display) server in 1.3+ seems to have some issues with really old devices.