Author Topic: 1.3 LibreOffice corrupt files  (Read 2850 times)

dhicks

• View Profile
1.3 LibreOffice corrupt files
« on: September 26, 2013, 07:13:35 PM »
When using LibreOffice on 1.3, I am unable to reopen files that I have saved to Samba network folders.  I am able to see the files and can save to the share, but when I attempt to open, I get the message posted below.  Has anyone else run into this?  I gather is a LibreOffice / smbclient issue, but am hoping someone has found a fix.....

The file 'Thursday.odt' is corrupt and therefore cannot be opened. LibreOffice can try to repair the file.

The corruption could be the result of document manipulation or of structural document damage due to data transmission.

We recommend that you do not trust the content of the repaired document.
Execution of macros is disabled for this document.

Should LibreOffice repair the file?

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 1.3 LibreOffice corrupt files
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 03:52:13 PM »
See if 1.31 improves the situation - final LibreOffice updates and an update to smbclient were part of the update.

dhicks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 07:42:29 PM »
Afraid same behavior in 1.31
.....Looks like may be something with file locking in Windows shares or something.....posted as a bug with libreoffice 67257 https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=67527

Saving in .doc format seems to work fine, but .odt and .docx come back as corrupt.

It seems this behavior does not occur in LibreOffice 4.0.......what would be the recommended approach to downgrade LibreOffice?

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:36:26 PM by dhicks »

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 09:30:30 PM »
Looks like they fixed the problem in LibreOffice 4.1.2, however it isn't available in the repos just yet. A workaround is in comment number 15 here: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=67527. Will add to updated ubermix version 1.32.

dhicks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 10:13:42 PM »
Just a status update on this....afraid it is still an issue for me in 1.32.  I tried the workaround mentioned in the link on both some 1.31 and 1.32 Ubermix machines, but no change in behavior.  For the time being, I've just reverted to using LO 4.0 for machines as it doesn't have the same issue.

I was able to make use of the workaround on an Ubuntu 13.10 machine with LO 4.1.2.3 and it seems to work there.  Without the workaround I was still getting corrupt file messages.

Juan Pucheu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 04:37:08 PM »
I was suffering a similar problem, all the libreoffice documents were corrupted when saving to a samba share.
In /etc/fstab my share mounting instructions are:
//1xx.xx.x.xxx/<share_name_or_IP_address> /mnt/<foldername> cifs auto,iocharset=utf8,nobrl,username=<windows user name>,password=<windows network password>,_netdev,uid=<username>,gid=<group_id> 0 0

It's seems that the "nobrl" option do the magic  :)

Juan