Author Topic: Ubermix on a macbook  (Read 2351 times)

Aaron Preabt

• View Profile
Ubermix on a macbook
« on: June 07, 2013, 07:01:55 AM »
Any ideas on how to get a macbook to boot off of our Ubermix thumbdrives? I've tried custom builds and fresh downloads from Jim with no luck. When booting the mac I use the option key to bring up the boot menu, but USB isn't even a choice...

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ubermix on a macbook
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:47:15 AM »
You should be able to do a CD install: http://wiki.ubermix.org/page/CD_Install

Aaron Preabt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 11:52:16 AM »
Thanks Jim! I was able to boot to a CD and load our custom base. A few hardware tweaks are required for full compatibility like loading the iSight firmware and a sound setting change for the mic to work. I am, however, lost on how to make the restore functionality work. When I go into the boot menu and select restore I'm presented with two errors. One saying "Fast TSC calibration failed" and the other say "i8042: No controller found". The second error looking like the hard drive controller, but I'm confused on the first one. When I type 1 or 2 into the restore screen nothing appears (not able to type). I have to hard shut down.

Any thoughts?

Aaron Preabt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 06:23:40 AM »
Anyone have any suggestions for my little problem above? ???

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 02:57:00 PM »
Sorry for the delay - I have seen this issue before and remember it requires a kernel parameter, but can't remember what it is. Do a sudo dmidecode -s system-product-name on it and tell me what you see. That will go a long way toward finding an answer.