Author Topic: AD integration  (Read 3918 times)

crepetti

• View Profile
AD integration
« on: April 26, 2013, 11:17:11 AM »
First post - new user

I have attempted to follow "Adding Ubermix to Active Directory using CentrifyDN" but cannot get past the apt-get upgrade. It errors out with no space left on device. I have increased the base to 6gb then 10gb but that was in vain and now the launcher errors out with "An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for Maximus". Other than reloading I am not sure what to do to get past the last error. Also should add that I am a Linux UBER novice so go easy on me.
Thanks

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: AD integration
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 09:26:40 AM »
Sounds like you are updating in normal mode, so the changes are all being written in the limited "user" space. Follow steps 1-6 under "Rebuilding the base image" here: http://ubermix.org/customization.html to boot in generic mode, which allow you to write to the space you freed up.

crepetti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 08:29:10 AM »
Thanks, that worked. Next issue,
The System joined AD but I am not getting a login screen and am not able to locate the Login Screen in step 6

6. Go to System --> Login Screen {System is found across the bottom}, click the unlock. The password is "password". Click "Show the Screen for who will login in." Uncheck show list of users

What am I missing?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:03:51 AM by crepetti »

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 10:04:27 AM »
Turn off Automatic Login for the user account in "User Accounts" under "System Settings". You can also open a terminal (ctrl-alt-t) and "sudo gedit /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf", then delete the two "autologin" lines.

Also, be sure to make the changes at this post so that every user gets the same experience: http://forums.ubermix.org//index.php/topic,106.msg348.html#msg348

crepetti

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 11:15:41 AM »
That's the problem - "User Accounts" is not listed under "System Settings". The only settings listed are Backup, Date and Time, Details and Universal Access. I used the command, which got rid of the auto login but still no domain login. Only "User" and "Guest".

At this point I think I am going to take a step back, go slowly and rebuild, one more time.

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 12:46:50 PM »
Try this - edit /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf as above, adding the line:

greeter-show-manual-login=true

Save and exit gedit, then:

sudo service lightdm restart

If that works, you'll want to eliminate the guest and default user from showing up on the login screen with the following line:

greeter-hide-users=true

crepetti

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 01:28:14 PM »
Again, that worked, thanks.
User Accounts still not there but this will do.

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 02:35:54 PM »
Good deal. FYI a quick shortcut for logging out is ctrl-alt-delete - no need to reboot to switch users :)

devereaf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 11:10:13 AM »
just a quick question...  if a user logs in using their AD username and password and then logs in to chrome, when they log out and the next person logs in, then does I assume all the chrome settings would be fresh and it would not save the chrome settings for the previous person...

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 12:36:33 PM »
Chrome settings are per-user. There is no global Chrome config.