Author Topic: Ubermix on HP 6000 MiniTower  (Read 2339 times)

tech2learn

• View Profile
Ubermix on HP 6000 MiniTower
« on: April 22, 2013, 02:19:05 PM »
1.08 only shows the purple ubuntu screen, launcher does not launch x does not launch.

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ubermix on HP 6000 MiniTower
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 02:40:11 PM »
Try this:

• Reboot the computer and press ESC immediately after your computer manufacturer's splash screen disappears (you should see a flashing cursor in the top left corner for a few seconds - press the escape key within 3 seconds to view the menu.)
  • Select "Normal Boot" from the menu (but don't press enter) and press the "e" key on your keyboard
  • Navigate to the end of the line that starts with "linux" using your arrow keys and add "nomodeset" (without the quotes) to the end of the line.
  • Press ctrl+x to boot.

If that works, let me know and I'll tell you how to make it permanent.

tech2learn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »
no success - should there be a space before nomodeset?  I did put one space

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 08:43:19 AM »
Not finding the specs for this device anywhere. Do you know what video card it has in it? Can you point me to a web site that lists what the device is?

jnetman1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 11:58:49 AM »
A couple of users have reported that their downloads of the image file from Google were incomplete, which might be the case here. Make sure the download file is 2Gb in size.

tech2learn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 05:11:28 AM »
I suspect the problem may be that I had an external USB drive attached and Ubermix use that for some of its partitions.  Of course when I had removed it, Ubermix would not boot.  I did not discover this until later when I attempted to access some clonezilla images on that drive and discovered it had been reformatted to Ext2... oops...  only lost 20 different images.