Technical > Hardware Specific

AMD proprietary drivers in Ubermix 1.062?

(1/3) > >>

urkomasse:
Hi,

I'm experimenting a bit with creating an interim update of our image. Since our netbooks are AMD-based, I was thinking about trying the AMD graphic drivers, but the instructions in the Wiki seem to be for a previous version of Ubermix.

What's the recommended installation process now? Boot into generic and run "Restricted Drivers"?
I'll be trying out different approaches anyway, but no harm in asking.

Thanks.

urkomasse:
Ok, so installing the restricted drivers by doing "apt-get install fglrx-updates" did not work. It does an update-initramfs that ignores the -aufs initramfs.

I'm open to suggestions now :)

jnetman1:
Should be able to just do a "sudo apt-get install fglrx" to get it to work. I don't thing the aufs initrd update is necessary. What is happening when you reboot after install? No video, or...?

urkomasse:
I think I used the fglrx-updates package. I will try again with fglrx and let you know.

To be honest, I can't remember exactly what happened, so I'll let you know about everything tomorrow :)

urkomasse:
Ok, I've tried with an Asus 1225B. I installed fglrx, and lost 3D acceleration on reboot.
I ran aticonfig --initial, and then I had black screen on reboot.

This was all using -generic. I don't know if it would work on -aufs, but I'm happy to try on Monday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version