General > General Discussion

Number of Ubermix computers

<< < (2/2)

Cytochromec:
To reply to myself, we now have 400 Acer Aspire One 722 running Ubermix (as well as 90 eeePC). We are expected to order another 100-200 for this summer. Our current deployment scheme is 3rd grade 1:3 ratio, 4th and 5th 1:1, 6-12 all English classes

charlie3:
Penn Manor School District in Lancaster PA is planning a January 2014 1:1 high school deployment with 1700 Ubermix laptops. They will augment our existing base of 1600+ student laptops running standard Ubuntu 12.04. :)

Juan Pucheu:
Azul, Argentina
We deployed 30 netbooks in 2010. 20 Intel 1gen schoolmates (Atom, 512 Mb RAM, 8 Gb SSD) and 10 local clones (1 Gb RAM, and 160 gb HDD, same processor.)
72 children, aged 12-17. Most from rural communities around our city (Azul).
Our school is a private-public "experiment". Local county administration pays the bills, and a local NGO runs the school.
Private schools in Argentina are a little bit different than in the US. Argentina public education system was the envy of latin america, but years of social and economic decline resulted in a massive turnover of alumni from public to private institutions. My school tuition is less than 25 dollars, and average salary is 700 dollars.

Marker:
At Crossett Brook Middle School in Waterbury/Duxbury, Vermont, we have about 260 student computers, all but 6 (legacy XP for DragonDictate) using UberMix. We have added a lot of programs, including the Lock-Down Browser for the upcoming Smarter Balanced Assessment. (I don't think that many of the programs other than Firefox and Chrome have had much use yet).

There are:
  50 Asus netbooks
  25 HP netbooks
  65 HP notebooks (6465b, 6735b, nx6125)
  120 HP desktops (5100, 5850)
Students have been using Ubuntu for a couple of years. This is the first year in which we are using UberMix and have been doing so for only a month. However, it seems to be going fine.

We also use Ubuntu 12.04 on all content teacher notebooks, but are presently using gnome desktop 2, not UberMix.

pyperdown:
We have deployed approximately 450, with another 750 this summer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version